Pages

outfit: mad mustard men

1960's mustard wiggle dress
dress & belt - vintage, gloves - etsy, shoes - unknown

So I've been going a little mad researching vintage fashions - particularly those from the late forties to mid sixties. I've been spending hours and hours trawling the internet for photos and guides so I can build up my knowledge and my vintage wardrobe.. it's become a bit of an obsession.

I've been an avid thriftier for quite a number of years now, as you can probably tell - I think my wardrobe is almost equal parts modern and thrifted clothing. But I've never had anything that was 100%, certified vintage to wear.

Enter this amazing 1960's mustard wiggle dress, with matching belt (and jacket - photos to come)!

I found it on etsy about a month ago. The colour, size, condition, era and most importantly the price ($60 for the whole lot, shipped!!!) was right so now here it is.

1960's mustard wiggle dress

It's the perfect sexy pencil shape, and gorgeous mustard colour, and it fits like a glove!

rolled fringe & 1960's mustard wiggle dress

Once again, although I don't actually watch Mad Men, I felt like I could just about slip right in to one of their office scenes. I actually wore this to work last week and got a lot of compliments, particularly on the lovely bright (very un-Melbourne winter) colour.

Also, as you're all probably aware by now, Google Reader is sadly no more - if you'd like to keep up with my posts please follow me on Bloglovin :)

7 comments:

  1. You look lovely, the colour suits you so well x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :)
      Mustard is just the best colour!
      Thanks for stopping by x

      Delete
  2. Whaow, the dress is a dream dear! I freakin love the color O_O
    I've been obessed with layering lately, been watching a lot of videos till my eyes turn red :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Argh I know!!
      Well you are fantastic at layering so I'd say its paying off!

      Delete
  3. Loving that dress, you look fabulous in it

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look absolutely lovely in this dress- SO Mad Men! Mustard is a great color for you!

    Xo, Hannah

    sweetsweetnoir.net

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...